Travel Italy : All about the passenger form

Winter vacation is fast approaching. If you plan to travel abroad, you will probably need to complete a tracking form in addition to the PCR test and the vaccine. Indeed, in Spain, Italy and many other countries of the European Union or not, a location form is required to be able to travel and stay on the territory. Find out in this article all about this form.

What is the passenger locator form for and what information is needed ?

The passenger locator form allows the various States and therefore the national health authorities to know the journey of passengers when they take the plane, the boat (ferry and cruise), the bus and the train and to be able to contact them in if needed. For more information, click on this link This was put in place to prevent the development of infectious diseases such as the coronavirus, in particular. With regard to the information to be completed in the location form, these are the data that you must transmit, as specified in the European traceability sheet portal : 

•Information on the journey and means of transport ; 

•Personal information ; •Contact details ;

•The permanent address ; 

•Recent housing ; 

•The temporary address ; 

•Travel companions ; 

•Emergency contact details. 

Once completed, you will obtain a QR code which will then be presented once you arrive at your final destination.

If you are making a stopover and/or using different modes of transport, you will need to complete two forms. However, if you are traveling by plane and you do not leave the airport during your stopover, it is not necessary to complete a second form. Regarding cruise passengers, they must indicate the place of final disembarkation and the various stopovers made.

The countries concerned by the location sheet

Many countries ask to fill out a locate form, whether they are members of the European Union or not. The forms for certain European countries have been grouped together in a European portal ; this is the case of Italy, Malta and Slovenia. As for the other countries that require this form, such as Spain, England, Greece…, you have to go to the government sites of each country. You can also find these forms on the website of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, which provides a lot of practical information before leaving to stay abroad.